Hello and welcome to the page I have dedicated to documenting my fertility story. This page will work like a diary where I will document where I am at in the process of pursuing a natural pregnancy.
I married my husband five years ago and we discussed having kids and tried but having sex and not conceiving gets old and frustrating. We decided to give it to God; however five years later and nothing. Therefore, my internal medical doctor referred me to a natural fertility doctor to look at any road blocks that could be preventing pregnancy.
I started seeing my fertility doctor in April of this year. So far this is what has been tested to ensure everything is working properly:
- Testing my husbands sperm to make sure he has some swimmers.
- Postcoital test – This is where I have sex and the doctor tests my mucus to ensure my body is not attacking my husbands sperm.
- Hormone testing during certain points of ovulation.
- Blood tests to check egg count
- Hystericalpingogram (HSG) test where they put dye in your fallopian tubes to ensure eggs can pass.
Everything has turned out to have positive results. So you’re probably thinking why have we not conceived in five years! Me too!
I am getting ready to have exploratory laparoscopic surgery because it is suspected that I have endometriosis. This runs in my family and endometriosis does cause infertility. I will write an entry after I have the surgery to tell you all about the experience.